Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

2004 jetta gl 2.0 want start replaced the crankshaft sensor

2004 jetta gl 2.0 want start replaced the crankshaft sensor and the ing coil no spark
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: sputter when I stopnot all the time
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it want start change the crankshaft sensor and ing coil get no spark
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi welcome to just answers my name is***** for a poor or loose connection to the G40 Camshaft Position (CMP), located behind the cam gear on the passenger's side of the head.
If the connections are clean and tight, check for good ground on the Brown/Blue wire at pin 3.
Check for power at the Purple/Red wire Pin 1 (typically a 5 volt power supply but may also have near battery voltage).

If all voltage and ground checks are OK and there is no available trigger from the G40 CMP Sensor, the sensor is faulty and must be replaced.
inspect the condition of the timing belt. A loose, worn or mis-aligned timing belt can cause a no start

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its not getting any spark
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
car running fine then with the heavy rain here in Houston would not start the next day