VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Misfiring car, MAF sensors is unplugged and runs perfect,

Misfiring car Mechanic's Assistant:...

Misfiring car

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

MAF sensors is unplugged and runs perfect , with plugged in only misfires under load car is a 07 vw gti

8/23/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hey how are you
So when you unplugged MAF runs good , ,you can try cleaning MAF sensor ,they sell MAF sensor cleanerat local parts store , an retest it
Usualy that means clean MAF or new MAF sensor,in some cases , power to it or signal wire is issue but these are extreme cases , if it has over 100k usual time to change MAF ,
Have you had scaned and confirmed codes sometimes it will throw flaf fault p0101 or p0111 can remember exactly which one
Please let me know
Chad
I got a new MAF sensor and it did the same exact misfire under load unplugged it again and runs perfect
This misfires varied through the cylinders and pulled a code for running lean on bank 1
Car had a cold air intake when this all occurred , put on the stock intake and it still does the same misfire

did you clear the fuel trim long term when replaced cold air intake with maf

u need a factory scanner or equivalent to do that

or we can try master reset to erase them, the ecm has learned cold air intake value

we need the maf values

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

I didn't clear the fuel trim I'll master reset it and see what happens

ok ,not ALL THE TIMES MASTER WORKS ,I HAD CASES WERE I NEED TO USE MY SCANNER TO CLEAR

BUT WANT HURT TO TRY IT ,IF NOT TAKE IT AND SPEND $100 TO RUN THRU A NISSAN SCANNER BUT HOPEFULLY WILL WORK, I HAD 50 /50 SUCESS WITH MASTER ON CLEARING FUEL TRIM READING MEMORY

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
if I reset it and it still has the misfire what could be the next problem ?

then check for vacuum leaks ,do a smoke test

check fuel pressure weak fuel pump

check intake gasket and intake manifold itself for being warped

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat