VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It is making weird noised when i turn my wheel I think it is…

It is making weird...

It is making weird noised when i turn my wheel I think it is the power steering fluid and I am trying to figure out how to check it

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes whinning noises my last oil change they said everything was fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2014 volkswagon bug base model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I haven't tried anything mainly i was just trying to figure out where to check the power steering fluid. I am like 85 percent positive it is that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope that is really it

8/23/2017
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon

Here is a picture of the location.

Make sure the fluid is between max and min. I preferred to have the level in max.

Please rate me positive, thank you.

http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/pentosin_chf_202.pdf

This is the link for the correct power steering fluid.

Thank you that is what I thought it was but it wasn't in my manual. Awesome that is also very helpful tidbit!
No i got it. I will do it after I get off work anyway. Thank you

You are welcome.

Please rate me positive, thank you very much.

Have a great day!

internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic