Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

How much does this cost, 2000 beetle vw 2.0 At blower and

How much does this cost
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the VW Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: 2000 beetle vw 2.0 At blower and radiator fans stop working
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I changed temp sensor, water pump and timing belt, thermo switch

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

do the cooling fans come on with the a/c on?

if you check the fuse box on top of the battery is there any meltdown of that fuse box or the black cable end blackened?

please do let me know

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My skill level 7
I have multi meter, test light and scanner
Checked fuse box, power all around no shorts no blown fuse.
I took the wire that goes to relay loose and fans came on.
I jumped the fans at the thermo switch and it ran 1 at high speed and the other at low speeds
The ac doesn't work at all.
Radiator fans and ac blower stop working at the same time

ok i do need a vin # to get the factory information .

second this may be a drawn out process so the premium service may be needed but will check the easy things first!!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
3vwcs21c71m428753

ok first check fuse 25 of the inside fuse box . make sure you have 12 volts at both sides of the fuse . let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I checked fuse 25 again and it's still good
I have a code on the scanner P1255 something about the temperature Sensor ground????

ok you need to check the back of the climate control head to see if there is any meltdown . these have a tendency to melt back by the connector area . need to see if you have power on the black/blue wire at the 10 pin connector on the climate head

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's only 7 pins and the black/blue wire seems fine

ok when you press the a/c switch does the light come on in the button?

if it does then on blower speed 4 do you have 12 volts at the yellow thick wire back of the ac head?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No and no
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The connector for the on and off switch was broken, its fixed now
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything is working now

nice!!!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang