peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The brake lights stay on and there no brake light switch on

The brake lights stay on and there no brake light switch on the pedal
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: The sensor on the Break reservoirs has been changed and I can see is the decks know I used to have
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2007 V wagon Jetta 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing the sensor on the bottom of the master cylinder and looking for the brake light switch on the brake pedal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your model uses the switch at the master cylinder to operate the brake lights.If this switch was already replaced and the lights are staying on then you need to have the master cylinder tested to make sure it is not applying slight pressure causing the lights to stay on as well as have the wiring checked leading from this sensor at the master cylinder to make sure no wiring is found to be shorted in any way needing repaired.These can be the main causes when the switch replacement does not resolve this fault here and will have to be checked into further to then locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete