VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Driving lights not working "light" is on my wife's 2011

driving lights not working "light"...
driving lights not working "light" is on my wife's 2011 Jetta, changed bulbs, light is still on on the dashboard
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: fuses are all sat.
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced bulbs and checked the fuse box in engine compartment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: negative
8/20/2017
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Are you sure you replaced the correct bulbs the day time running lights not the headlamps because they are different from each other on this vehicle

I'm quite sure.

The daytime running bulbs at the one underneath the headlamp bulb a little hard to get too are we one the same page ??

DRL lights works just fine. The small bulb next to the high beam is out.

OK the small peanut bulbs , these bulbs are rated at a different voltage then normal did you match the voltage listed on the previous original bulbs with the new ones ??

I can't access the peanut bulbs. Headlight assembly is being a pain to get out. Any suggestions on how to remove?

You do not remove the headlamp assembly you just remove the rubber cap behind the bulbs and then pull out on the 2 wire harness and then the bulb will come out with the harness then replace the bulbs and you should be set . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide feedback/rating for the help provided thank you

did you replace it with the exact same voltage one?

Also you need to check the voltage at the bulb terminals if the bulbs where correct

as per the manufacturer. 2825 from o'reillys auto parts.

whats the voltage at the connector

I don't know I don't have a voltmeter.

This needs to be the next step to see if you have signal there its not common at all to check this but since you stated the bulbs are good and the right one this is the next step that needs to be taken also make sure you have no other bad bulbs

All bulbs that we're out have been replaced with new ones.

then voltage test needs to be next

I have access to a voltmeter at work probably. What should the voltage be?

5v

vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician