VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

My high beams quit working. All my other lights woek. 2012…

My high beams quit...

My high beams quit working. All my other lights woek

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs and fuses?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2012 Jetta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying I've metered fuse box the main switch and the bulbs are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing works for the high beams not the indicator in dash or the passing lights

8/20/2017
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Since you have checked the bulbs and they are good you will need to see if you have a signal from the high beam stalk on the steering column when you activate the high beams , the way you do this is remove one of the headlight connectors and check power at the connector there while someone activated the high beam switch if you see a power signal there then its a internal headlight harness issue but more then likely you will need a new stalk on the steering column that activates the high beams. I hope this helps .

Please dont forget to provide feedback/rating for the help provided thank you

Ok thanks I'll check the for power at the lights. But I'm thinking it is in the switch on the column also.

Thank you pleased dont forget the rating thank you

vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician