vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Same car 2005 vw Tuareg 3.2l. Replaced the driver side pump

Same car 2005 vw Tuareg 3.2l. Replaced the driver side pump with brand new pump and I am still having the same problem. The driver side can only get around 29 psi max and as low as 10 when I unplug the passenger side. The passenger side running alone it starts around 60psi and eventually drops down to around 20psi. If I run them both connected to power at the same time it starts around 45psi and slowly drops down to below 20 when it starts to run very rough. Please help?

I can help you out can you tell me what exactly the vehicle is doing ??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just figured it out, the fuse was blown on the drive side pump.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Another problem I am having, every time I step on the brake petal the brake booster pump kicks on. It comes on a lot. Is this normal?

It should not come on every time you step on the brake pedal more more then likely you have a vacuum leak because the brake pump is loosing vacuum pressure and working harder inspect the rubber grommet and black hard line that comes from the intake to the pump very common issue is where the line is cracked at spots and cause these issues . I hope this helps

Please don forget to provide feedback/rating for the help provided thank you