peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Is the mechanic available, j, ; ; ; l

is the mechanic available
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: j
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: ;
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ;
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ; l

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can I help with something today on your vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good morning
i am working on 2012 Jetta 2.5
AC is not kicking on i have replaced AC compressor , condessor , expansion valve , climiate control unit and high pressure swtich

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others see you have requested a call and may still call on this here.I can however continue here.

Good Morning

Have you checked for any fault codes in the climate control unit using a computer or fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i did no faults

Have you checked the data signal from the evaporater temp sensor.I have seen this sensor fail and sends a false signal on what temp the evaporater is reading and causes no ac like you are seeing here.If this is or was already checked and found o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
vacumed it and everytime tried to put freon it wont take it fans works when i trun the ac on
the only thing i havent change is the fan control module

Is there any freon in it now at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no where is that evap temp sensor location

O.k.,if there is no freon in it then this isnt the temp sensor at fault.The temp sensor though is located up against the evaporater under the dash in the heater/ac box.

Does your scan tool have function capabilities to turn on the ac compressor to run it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
let me check the evap sensor real fast
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it takes some freon on but thats all

Here is the location of this sensor

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ensyihjy3canxx/te-08-18.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2ogapisjyysxq0/tem-08-18.gif?dl=0

Usually you have to manually run the ac compressor when filling it when it will not take the freon it needs.I have had to do this several times before.

You manually run the ac compressor with either a scan tool to command the ac compressor on or by jumping signals at the ac compressor relay to run it manually then fill as needed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is the Ac relay location
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can you please let me know the AC relay location
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello

I am here.Looking for the relay location and will post back here shortly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you

O.k.,on this model the relay is built into the control module.The control module is the climate control head on the dash.So there is no manual way to bypass it to allow the compressor to run.It has to be commanded on with a compatible scan tool to run the compressor then to add more freon.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's what I get

O.k.,this is a fault with the outside temp sensor.It should be located in the front bumper trim as shown below.Make sure it is connected and that no wiring damage is found.If this sensor is sending a false signal it will cause no ac operation.If the wiring and connection is o.k. then the sensor needs replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfnrz2rkln1o1mu/amb-08-18.gif?dl=0

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you replaced that ambient temp sensor and ac is great

Your welcome