VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I am looking for info on how to switch out some dash

Hi Pearl. I am...
Hi Pearl. I am looking for info on how to switch out some dash components on my 2004 Touareg. Climate control, and the row of switches above it - seat heat, park asst, hazard, passenger air bag light. They have wear and a previous owner used a cleaner that turned the finish into a sticky mess.
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: no I will be working on the dash.
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: deciding if I can do it or if I need help. Have not started work, just collecting the parts for the switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: curious if the radio has to come out first.
8/16/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Yes you need to remove the radio first . there are special keys to remove the radio then you can gain access to 4 torx 20 screws remove the bracket then push in the tabs to get the climate head out .. note afterwards the climate head coding must be checked with scan tool of the correct programming to work in the vehicle!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

ok,
*get special keys
*remove radio
*remove torx 20 screws in bracket
*depress tabs, slide climate unit out
*install new unit
*VAG COM to program new unit.got it. thank you!

my pleasure and one last thing please do me a favor and rate my service to you with a positive rating !!

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician