Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My original radio went bad and I got a used radio from the

My original radio went bad and I got a used radio from the junkyard. but I need a radio code to activate the radio. I have a 2010 VW jetta
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: what kind of scan tool
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am replacing the radio with another radio I got from Junk Yard. everything is done but the radio is asking for the code
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to see how I can get the radio code without bring the vehicle to the dealer
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Radio I bought is from 2010 Jetta vin # WVWBA7AH4AV024647 AND THE RADIO SERIAL # VWZ4Z7K11401537

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i'm working on this !!

can you attach a pic of the serial # . there are too many digits !!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm also a tech just need to get the radio code

yes but the serial # is too long !!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Call me tomorrow 9am pacific time. The vehicle is at my shop

Phone call is a premium service ! i can do that

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had sent the serial number

i have seen the serial # of the radio but the serial # have too many digits!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will send you a picture of the serial number tomorrow. The serial number on the radio is 15 digit not 14 digit. But lets continue tomorrow

That is fine . once i verify the # you will get the code less than 5 minutes!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Talk to you tomorrow. Thanks

my pleasure!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are the picture of the radio

Serial number: VWZ4Z7K1140153

PIN: 0783

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks it work!

my pleasure!!