VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

1993 VW Eurovan, 2.5L 5 spd. Starts and dies after idling

Customer Question
1993 VW Eurovan, 2.5L 5...
1993 VW Eurovan, 2.5L 5 spd. Starts and dies after idling only 30 sec. just as if I truned ignition off. then hard to restart. Just bought this used car.
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 193K 2.5L 5 cyl with Manual shift.
JA: Are you fixing your Eurovan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just installed new fuel pump in gastank. Now it runs but dies right away.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just bought the van. like everything about this Eurovan weekender with bed. acts like an ignition problem after starting and idling smoothly it dies after maybe 1 minute of idling.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
8/14/2017
VW Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 3 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

I have had this many a time with this engine, renew the fuel filter and fill with diesel before fitting.

A faulty or old filter will cause this problem.

Merc320
Merc320
Merc320, Technician