VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Have a 2005 jetta tdi my son just bought bought it stated…

Customer Question
Have a 2005 jetta...

Have a 2005 jetta tdi my son just bought bought it stated fine everything was working except the key fab and the gas lid button when we got home and messed with some fuses and got the gas lid to open now the car will not turn over all the lights and everything else works when you push the clutch and the key all you hear is a click under the dash i checked the little wire that goes to the starter when the key and clutch are pushed and there is no power there also if i roll the car and pop the clutch the car starts and everything works

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

There is no power loss

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes checked all the fuses and looked for loose wires also checked the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also disconnected the battery and touched the positive and negative togethere to clear the codes

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
8/14/2017
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin do you have a volt meter ?

What would like me to do

Whats the battery voltage ?

13.2 volts. New battery

Does voltage change if you try to start whilst measuring

No change. I hear relay 460 clicking under the dash but no change with the motor.
It's like nothing happening

Can i have vin il try to pull schematic

Ok

.

Just got to the car. Vin 3VWRT71K75M627089
When will I get some help
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 9 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Hi just noticed your question and do you still need any assistance?

Thanks

If you can help

please check fuse f15 in the underhood fuse box . there should be a 25 amp fuse . make sure that its good and not blown.

second you will need a second person one to crank the engine while you with a volt meter rear the voltage at the fuse while cranking. there are slits on top of the fuse itself to check the voltage . what is the voltage while key to the crank position?

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced