VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Where can I get fittings to go on the hoses to read high and…

Customer Question
Where can I get...

Where can I get fittings to go on the hoses to read high and low pressure. My standard a/c manifold will not connect

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Just about finished rehab

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

1999 VW PASSAT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I have looked in parts stores and online for fittings but so far no luck

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
8/6/2017
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 1 year ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Its sounds as if you are trying to connect r-12 fittings to r-134? I have a set of r-12 gauges with adapters, i believe i got them thru mac tools. You should be able to find r-12 to r-134 adaptor ends to use your existing gauges online. Hope this helps, thank you.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years