VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a new beetle and the passenger door won't open. I…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new beetle and the passenger door won't open. I have had many problems with the door locks sometimes working and other times not working. Now the passenger door is locked and won't open. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

100K . It not exactly happened like this. I have period in cold weather when the door won't lock. After a number of attempts then it locks. Now it is locked and won't respond to any approach to unlock it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your New Beetle?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

In general I take it to the garage but a few weeks I have the annual control and I think this is failure point for the test

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The behavior seems to be temperature dependent but I'm not sure could just be random

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
8/6/2017
VW Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Call don't work as I'm living in the Netherlands. It may well be that this approach doesn't work!

did you read my first statement?

I read your comments. I kinda expected some recognition of my problem which is certainly not unique but your answer and the phone call prompt doesn't give me a good feeling about this service.
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information.

• do the electric windows work on the passenger side?
  • any recent accidents to that door?
  • by any chance have you notice the interior lights turn on with the door open? either door (pass side when you did open the door)

please do let me know