VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Fuel system for 79 bug leaks, around the center of the

Customer Question
Fuel system for 79...

Fuel system for 79 bug leaks, around the center of the undercarraige

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

Yes a small puddle of fuel, appears to be coming from a dome shaped item

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '79 VW?

A bug convertable

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
8/5/2017
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 11 months ago
Martin, auto electrical

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.

The fuel pipe is inside the floorpan in the tunnel. Perhaps the fuel pipe is rusted through and therefore leaking fuel.

It's the only way fuel can leak from the center of the floorpan.

Greetings,

Martin.

Have you found the fault?

Greetings,

Have you had time to work on the problem?

If you are happy with the answer I gave you please rate my service as that is the only why I get payment. Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Martin.