VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have an '08 VW Beetle Convertible and the trunk will not…

Customer Question
I have an '08...

I have an '08 VW Beetle Convertible and the trunk will not open with either the remote or the door switch. It appears to be closed tightly, but the warning light on the dash is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

I have not checked the fuses. Some confusion on which fuse it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to be sure the lid was closed,, then pressed both the remote and the door switch Nothing happens. Also noticed when locking the car, the doors lock but it does not beep as usual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 11 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Ok the rear trunk hatch latch has failed and this is why you can't pop it or the light wont go away because it has a micro switch build into it .

Please don't forget to provide rating feedback thank you for your support

Obviously I know the latch failed. Thanks anyway.
EWC

have a good day

Not satisfied please send no more emails of any type!
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 11 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Is there any specific info on your trunk issue that you need assistance with? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years