vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I have a problem with lights as follows: Whei press, When I

Customer Question

I have a problem with lights as follows: Whei press
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: When I press the brake pedals I hear a faint whistling sound and the dash lights come on. When I use the turn signals with the lights on the rear lights are reversed from the the fronts, eg. push switch down left front comes on and right rear comes on. With lhe light switch turned off they work normally.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2003 golf 2.0 with manual trans.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jusyt bought it used and haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Squeeking sound in the front when you go over bumps. Steering vibration at highways speeds (60mph plus)
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 2 months ago.

Regarding the squeeking sound going over bumps you more then likely need new sway bar links and upper strut mount bushings, regarding the vibration make sure your tires a good and balanced thats the most common cause of that issue . Now regarding the light issue this is a very odd issue you either has a issue with the comfort control module or you have a issue with the instrument cluster the first step you need to take is have the faults checked with a capable scan tool for that comfort module .

Please don't forget to provide rating feedback thank you for your support