vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My engine light stays on, I was told its the reduct tank

Customer Question

My engine light stays on, I was told its the reduct tank heater control> i have 2014 vw touareg with 95,000 miles.
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: the code is P202B after the test.
JA: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am pretty savvy and able but i am not sure were its at
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: a honest suggestion on repair and cost
Category: VW
Expert:  kyle swart replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Call your local dealer and give them your vin number. Have them check to see if there is an extended warranty on that part and for that fault code. They put an extended warranty on the reductive agent heater assembly, 10 years and 120k miles on some of the vehicles. Its worth a shot, if its covered the job is free. Hope this helps, thank you.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years