VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a 2007 VW beetle convertible that will not remain…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 VW...
I have a 2007 VW beetle convertible that will not remain charged....I have replaced the alternator and put in 3 new batteries with no success.....it has been to numerous VW mechanics who are baffled with it and cannot find the problem.......
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
7/31/2017
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 6 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the issue that the battery dies out while sitting?

Do you have a multi meter for electrical testing?

Let me know,thanks Pete

If the car sits for 4 days it will not start.
All the mechanics stated they did electrical testing and traced wires

O.k.,this indicates there is a battery drain/draw on your battery from one of the electronics most likely intermittently staying on drawing down power.If they had done the drain/draw testing when the vehicle was not acting up then no issues would be found.This testing has to be done when the vehicle is acting up.I have had to ask my customers if they can leave their vehicle with me for a day or more so I can then duplicate the fault to properly test the drain to locate the faulty component needing replaced.

I have a procedure I follow to help pinpoint which component this is.This involves using a multi meter to do this.If you have this tool and want to do this testing yourself let me know and I can post it here.

One of the common causes is the radio itself.It can act up internally intermittently and causes a battery drain with it needing replaced.

But the only way to locate this is when the vehicle is acting up for it to be tested then to pinpoint this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I requested a credit back to my card please......this is not helpful to me at all.

Below is the link to customer care.If you want I can open your question up for others to see if they can help further here just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician