vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

VW appears run fine but check engine light is on. Leading up

Customer Question

VW appears run fine but check engine light is on. Leading up to the light staying on it seemed to have some relation to if fuel tank was full or half full of fuel. Don't know if that was just happened without a real connection to real poroblem. It seems from the code P1200 that problem is listed as Mechanical Malfunction. Just where is the part that is not functioning. It seems from what I have read that there could be a vacuum leak which is the culprit.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stay on
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2004 turbo bettle
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not done a thing other than got my mechanic to run codes. I was not going to do anything untill the ch lit stayed on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just put a new battery in month of s ago and that was a dog and wonder if I could have moved or disturbed something when I did all that. the car only has 54k miles and looks like new under the hood.I do all the maintenous work or have so far.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

do you also have a p0411 fault stored?