Kalamykid
Kalamykid, Shop owner/ Tech.
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

The dealer is saying that my exhaust pressure sensor (2 of

Customer Question

The dealer is saying that my exhaust pressure sensor (2 of them) and are bad and are quoting me 563 to get it fixed. Is this something that I can get done cheaper or do myself fairly easily or does it make sense to just pay the dealer
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Yes the codes have been triggered but I don't have them
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: its a 2009 TDI
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything so far just took it to the dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: VW
Expert:  Kalamykid replied 2 months ago.

I hate to say but that really is not a bad price. The parts will cost you around $300. With tax. That is not bad for labor to do the diagnostics as well as labor to replace them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK thank you I just wanted some peace of mind. Does this need to be done immediately how long can I let it go before I need to replace them?

The sooner the better. If you go to long with out replacing them the cats can be damaged..