vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2012 jetta 2.5 se not getting Cold AC. Checked and

Customer Question

2012 jetta 2.5 se not getting Cold AC. Checked and everything seems to be working. no leaks, compressor working Just no cold blowing. Also noticed horn is not working. Fuse maybe?
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Commute daily up to 100 miles.
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked with gauge and can of 134A. Normal. Checked fuse but seems fine in vehicle . Noticed Horn not working' Are there fuses under hood that might be blown?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I noticed no AC after they change Anti freeze wondering if this is related ?
Category: VW
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the horn stopped at the same time. Does the heater work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Heater works. Not sure if horn and AC stopped at same time, Can not seem to find if it was aa fuse. checked inside #49 did not even have a fuse, put one in and it did nothing. Checked horn fuse and it was good inside. did not check fuses under hood yet.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Heater works. Not sure if horn and AC stopped at same time, Can not seem to find if it was a fuse. checked inside #49 did not even have a fuse, put one in and it did nothing. Checked horn fuse and it was good inside. did not check fuses under hood yet.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. One last question. Do you get any sort of single click or clicking noise or a change in idle from the engine when the ac is turned on?