vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Just purchased 2010 VW CC yesterday. After getting home we

Customer Question

Just purchased 2010 VW CC yesterday. After getting home we went out again and check engine light came on. autozone diagnostic said code P2187 was showing up and gave a long list of potential sources. Today more lights came up and Autozone said it showed Code 2187 and cylinder misfire.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stayed on yesterday, blinking this morning, then stayed on as we drove along to Autozone.
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are just doing simple trouble shooting ourself right now. The auto zone report said to replace the crankcase pressure regulating valve but we tested it to see if it was working by removing the oil cap and placing paper on it to see if pressure was being sucked in and it was.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just be sure he knows there are other lights on such as traction control
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

thanks