vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Turn signal hazard lights and brake lights not working, No I

Customer Question

Turn signal hazard lights and brake lights not working
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: No I did not check
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2014 jetta
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It spend two days at an auto shop but they did not fix It? Do u think the hazard switch needs replacing?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No just that all the lights except the headlights aren't working. The auto shop replaced a fuse I think and it worked for a while but now not working anymore
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you planning to diagnose and fix yourself?

If so do you own tools to check car electrical?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No I'm going to take it to an auto repair shop- but the car was at an auto repair for 2 days and those people could not fix it. Please let me know what.i can ask the persons at the repair shop to do for me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The turn signals, the hazards and the brake lights are not working - even though the fuse has been replaced. It's a vw jetta 2014
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no- I am.not planning to diagnose and fix
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
By myself
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The 25 amp fuse in the fuse box keeps on blowing up- the person who fixes the car replaced it a bunch of times - but it blows up within minutes again
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 11 days ago.

This is going to be tough for me to tell you what is wrong or what they need to do being you and I are not doing any diagnostics together.

Which fuse number and in which fuse box is failing?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Fuse number 25 in the box that is inside the car in the bottom left
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Fuse 25 under the dash would only be related to the reverse lamps, are they the only exterior lamps not working?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is the brake lights, turn signals, and hazards that's are not working- when the fuse 25 is replaced it works for a minute and then the fuse blows again
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 9 days ago.

I can not see how fuse 25 has a connection to those lamps failing. I will opt out.