vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Vw Cc 2009 won't start. Not battery. It won't start, No.

Customer Question

Vw Cc 2009 won't start. Not battery . It won't start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No. Will do but the lights are on and electrical works
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My husband will be trying . we haven't tried anything so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: VW
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 3 months ago.

So- I assume this the key fob you insert into the dash to start. When you put the key in, does it 'click' and lock the key in place? When you push it in to the first stop, do the dash lights come on? If so, is there a steering wheel that lights up red, then changes to yellow? And if you push it one step further, to the start position, what happens on the dash? Any "click" anywhere, under the dash? if you had a low battery you would get a rapid clicking and the lights would flicker. Just wondering if you hear a relay type click under the dash, not the rapid clicking.