Robert
Robert, UK VW Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have just purchased a 1 0wner 2007 Volkswagen EOS with a 6

Customer Question

Hi, I have just purchased a 1 0wner 2007 Volkswagen EOS with a 6 speed DSG gearbox. The car has a genuine 25000 kilometres on the clock. Car is as new, runs as new. I have always changed engine oil and filter every 6 months regardless of ks. All other fluids every two years regardless of ks. When do you think I should change the filter and oil in this gearbox. Regards Dave
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: The service book shows that the engine oil and filter is not due until this August, but there is no evidence of a service on the DSG box (remember it has only done 25000 ks (just over ONE year of driving) despite being 10 years old
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, sorry, I am not fixing anything. The car drives like new
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

So regarding your use in miles your car has really done 15,000miles - in that view normally VW recommend DSG fluid and filter be changed at every 40,000Miles.which equates to around 60,000Km in your case..of course its upto the customer should they choose to have it done early..considering the very low use then you would have time yet before considering having it done...hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks but I hope this fee is not an on going monthly direct debit. If so, can you please now cancel the direct debit and happy to pay the $39.00. Regards Dave
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I dont deal with the payment side of the site im afraid..you would need to ask via the customer service side of the site and someone should assist you there if you have any queries...but the site is totally safe so you shouldnt have anything worry on that front...but in the mean time if you could leave a rating for assisting you with your question..then it would be much appreciated..