VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2006 vw jetta tdi. fault code p1309 004 no communication

Customer Question
with steering control module. Replaced...
2006 vw jetta tdi. fault code p1309 004 no communication with steering control module. Replaced rack
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/16/2017
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what is the vin# ***** is that DTC P1309 and P0004 DTC ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

3VWRT71K06M755076
THOSE CODES R IN ABS MODULE

Ok this vin goes to this car : 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan (1K2) L4-1.9L DSL Turbo (BRM)

But still P1309 and 004 are not valid codes , ABS fault codes start with C not P , unless you are using a basic code reader they will start with p but not accurate , what kind scanner you are using ?

Please let me know

THIS IS VAGCOM
THOSE CODES ARE IN ABS MODULE
In module 44-steering assist there is no communication

I will opt out and let another expert assist you ,they just want pull up

VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago
kyle swart

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. Could you send me a screen pic of your codes from vag com? Thanks. Also, does this car have electro-mechanical power steering or hydraulic? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

electricTuesday,16,May,2017,12:42:39:63715
VCDS Version: Release 17.1.3 (x64) Running on Windows 8.1 x64
www.Ross-Tech.comAddress 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-907-379-MK60-F.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 AA HW: 1K0 907 379 AA
Component and/or Version: ESP FRONT MK60 0102
Software Coding:(###) ###-#### Work Shop Code: WSC 00066 000 00000
VCID: 71E903E56851F9C916-8024
1 Fault Found:01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500)
004 - No Signal/Communication
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

Ok. Have you attempted to do the g85 basic setting in the abs yet?

VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

Do you still need assistance?

I have not
steering angle sensor? whats correlation?
How do u do that with vagcom on this car? no login button
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

Not sure what version your using, but my vcds will do it. The correlation is the steering control module is in the motor, and the g85 sensor is in the rack. The steering module wont talk to the abs until the basic setting for the steering wheel sensor g85 has been done.

Sensor for Steering Angle (G85)

Prerequisites:

• Start the vehicle.
  • Turn the steering wheel one turn to the right and one turn to the left.
  • Drive in a short distance straight line on a level surface at a speed not higher than 20 km/h.
  • If the steering wheel is straight during the test drive then stop the vehicle with the wheels pointed straight.
  • Ensure that the steering wheel is not moved again.
  • Keep the engine running and do not switch off the ignition.
  • System voltage at least 12.0 V.

[Select]
[03 - Brake Electronics]
[Measuring Blocks - 08]
Group 004
[Go!]
Check field 1, the value has to be between -1.5 and +1.5 °.
[Done, Go Back]
[Coding-II - 11]
OR (if Coding-II is not available)
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 40168, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 060
[Go!]
After a successful basic setting, field 2 should say "OK".
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

it says adjustment status ok but no communication with controller
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

Check your wiring connections at the power steering motor. Did you perform the basic setting? Why do you need to communicate with the steering module (44)? What is the issue your attempting to repair?

There is no power steering.
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

was that the concern prior to replacing the rack and pinion?

no power steering
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 6 months ago

I do not think I can help further on this without being there, I will open it up to others to assist, thank you.

VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

hello there i'm Wolfgang!!

is this a used rack and pinion or new one from the vw dealer?

can you do a total module scan of the vehicle and post the log here

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced