VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Where is the fuse for the radiator fan for a 2010 Jetta? the

Customer Question
where is the fuse for...
where is the fuse for the radiator fan for a 2010 Jetta ? the fan will not turn off. i want to pull the fuse till i can fix the problem.. the fan is draining the battery...
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: VW
ok
5/13/2017
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 6 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Please Read this below , how long the fan staying on for

2010 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan (1K2) L5-2.5L (CBUA)

Save Article

19 16 01 February 5, 2016(###) ###-####*Supersedes T.B. V191401 dated October 22, 2014 to include current model year.*

Zoom and Print Options

Vehicle Information

Condition

Electric Coolant Fans Continue to Run after Ignition is Switched OFF

Note:
Customer concerns of "electric coolant fans continue to run after ignition is switched off" are resulting in unnecessary coolant fan replacements.

Technical Background

It is considered normal operation for the electric coolant fans to continue to run for up to 15 minutes after the ignition is switched off in gasoline engine applications, and up to 16 minutes in diesel engine applications.

Production Solution

No production change required.

Service

Procedure:

^ Verify the period of time the electric coolant fans continue to run after the vehicle ignition is switched off.

If the period verified is less than 15 minutes in gasoline engine applications, or less than 16 minutes in diesel engine applications, this is considered normal operation and the customer should be notified as such.

If the period verified is more than 15 minutes in gasoline engine applications, or more than 16 minutes in diesel engine applications, continue with diagnosis using GFF.

Warranty

Information only.

Required Parts and Tools

No Special Parts required.

No Special Tools required.

Additional Information

All part and service references provided in this Technical Bulletin are subject to change and/or removal.
Always check with your Parts Dept. and Repair Manuals for the latest information.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13851)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If the battery is draining ,then unolug the connector, there is no fuse or relay for it do disconnect unfortunatly

it all runs thru the comouter and controlled by the ect sensor on the block ,when operating temp reached the ect comouter sensor send signal to computer ,comouetr trun fan off and on , that sensor could be the issue here if the vattery is draining , unplug the ect sensor conector and inpect pins

For battery drain

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Save Article

Fan Shroud and Fans Removing - Remove the noise insulation. - Unclip the lower coolant hose from the fan shroud. - Disconnect the electrical harness connector - 1 - and remove the fan shroud bolts - arrows -.

Zoom and Print Options

- Remove the fan shroud downward.

- Disconnect the electrical harness connector - 1 - and lay the wire free. Installed position of the harness connector deviates from the illustration.

Zoom and Print Options

- Remove the nuts - arrows - and remove the fans.

Installing

Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. When doing this note the following:

Tightening Specifications

Zoom and Print Options

fan run s all night. it drains the battery. i want to pull the fuse for the fan.....

There FCM, (fan control module) , unplug that or replace it , try using src electrical contact cleaner

There is no Fuse or relay to pull out to cut it off

you unplug the fan or the module ,until you get it fixed,

FCM causing that drain on your battery

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

where is the Fan control Module?????
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

hello there I'm Wolfgang!!

i do need the vin # of the vehicle to get the factory repair information to assist you in your issue !!

Thanks

Ok tomorrow

thanks

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced