Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Red blinking coolant light on VW New Beetle - intermittent,

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: red blinking coolant light on VW New Beetle - intermittent
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: it has the thermometer in water symbol 3 beeps then blinks for a while
JA: What year is your New Beetle?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your New Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing - i take to dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could this be just the coolant level?
Category: VW
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. You are correct. the likely issue of this light blinking is that there is low coolant in the system. Has the vehicle been overheating?

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is where the coolant gets filled at. You should check to make sure the level is at least between the minimum and maximum lines(Preferably maximum).

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here , I am providing the draining and filling information for the cooling system. You are not concerned with draining, you just need to be sure that the coolant level is correct.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If the coolant level is correct, and the vehicle isn't overheating, you should suspect the sensor to be faulty.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed