vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Someone changed the battery without using the proper

Customer Question

Someone changed the battery without using the proper procedure. Used car to me. where can i find the serial# ***** the radio so i can get the code?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: After I reactivate the radio, I have an aux xmradio i want to use sometimes. will this work in 2001 GLS model?
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need the vin # of the vehicle and the radio serial # of the radio and i can assist . note the radio needs to be pulled to get the serial #.

thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Wolfgang for answering my question with...my question. A VW dealership already told me I needed the Serial# ***** the radio along with the VIN# (easy). Revert to my original question...'Where do I find the serial#?'
Ok, now I know I have to pull the radio. Thanks.
This was not worth the membership fee and definitely not worth the 'Premium Service' fee you say I may require.
Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 4 months ago.

sorry for the delay internet outage!! I need the 14 digit VWZ # and the vin # of the vehicle.