peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Doesnt start, No, car cranks, but doesnt stasrt, 2006 VW

Customer Question

Doesnt start,
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No, car cranks, but doesnt stasrt
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2006 VW Passat 3.6L (BLV Engine)
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I cannot find a fuse diagram
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all
Category: VW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have seen commonly that the fuel pump itself can fail causing this issue here and had to replace the fuel pump itself.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all this needs done to see if the pump does need replaced.If this was already tested and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete