vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2013 VW CC, trunk opens when in reverse gear

Customer Question

Category: VW
Expert:  Barry Sergeant replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Barry. Welcome to Just Answer. I would be happy to help you. I suspect there is a short in you trunk wiring harness. It carries the wires for the reverse lamps as well as the trunk release. They are prone to wear and short out where the trunk twists the harness as it is opened and closed.

Kenny were you able to get your CC fixed?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It stopped on its own, hopefully it doesn't come back. I spoke with a deslership & they told me it's not wiring harness & only way to know for sure is by diagnosing it.

Well I'm glad to hear you are not having the problem now. If it returns let me know. I agree with the dealership that it needs to be diagnosed. I would be happy to walk you through the diagnostics or you can take it to the dealer and let them do it.