Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Misfire fells like, 163 km so like 90 miles code P0265

Customer Question

Misfire fells like
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?
Customer: 163 km so like 90 miles code P0265 INJECTOR circuit something only does it once it gets warm
JA: What is the model of your '90 VW?
Customer: It's a 2001 12v vr6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am nothing so far I got injectors 3 and 4 fixed now this one's done maybe stuff got on there?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: VW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only once it runs for like 3 minutes first 3 minutes perfect
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hello

this sounds like there may be a wiring loom issue ?

as if the injector loom is shorted out somewhere then this can create this fault

so I'd trace the injector wiring loom back into the main loom and check for hard sections and insulation damage / chafing and for corroded connections

clean and repair as required

I'd check the condition of the injector plugs / connections as this could be a lean misfire if an injector isn't firing properly - the best way to check this is with a 'noid' light

http://www.noidlight.com/

also check the state of the engine earth connections, all must be bright and clean and tight

there should also be a small earth connection that runs out of the wiring loom and secured to the engine with a small bolt and a ring terminal

Expert:  Matt replied 5 months ago.

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you