kyle swart
kyle swart,
Experience:  Certified Technician at Redding Volkswagen
88077728

02 cabrio 2.0 ecu not triggering coil I pin tested wires to

Customer Question

02 cabrio 2.0 ecu not triggering coil I pin tested wires to ecu ok frpm ckp sensor to ecu ok but I have 1 power sorce to ecu large plug and 3 grds to same plug is this correct. The crank sensor is good.As you know this engine will start without cam sensor. I was just driving along and died hasn't restated since, Injector noid light lights while cranking. no codes
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: I see no real people
JA: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is all in my first post
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just what is in 1st post I'm retired ase tech so unsderstand vehicle systems r there any things I should look for like ignitions switch how many power and grds should ecu have with switch on
Category: VW
Expert:  kyle swart replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for using just answer. I would check fuel pressure, you can also put a squirt of starting fluid anywhere there is manifold vacuum, if it starts and dies then you know your going to have to check fuel pressure. Hope this helps.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015

Hopefully you found this information useful, let me know if you need additional assistance, thank you.