gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

2013 Jetta will not turn off key stuck in ignition took

Customer Question

2013 Jetta will not turn off key stuck in ignition took multiple tries with each key and much force
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes steering wheel and no key damage
JA: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just multiple attempts with ultimate success but worried next time it won't shut off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: VW
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should I keep trying or is multiple attempts worsen the problem worried it won't shut off tomorrow Shen I go to work
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 9 months ago.

You need to replace the steering column lock and the ignition cylinder together. We do them all the time for various related issues (key won't go in, key won't come out, won't turn on, won't turn off, etc)