vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

My 2012 VW CC ran low on gas and started running terrible. I

Customer Question

my 2012 VW CC ran low on gas and started running terrible. I made it to the pump before it completely ran out of gas. It is not wanting to shift gears and has very little power. The EPC light and Check Engine Light are lit.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: It's a 2012 original transmission. No, I don't know where the brake switch is.
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened yesterday. I haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: VW
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hi im kevin has car been shut off ? Is problem still there on restart

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's been shut off 4 or 5 times. I put some Lucas fuel injector cleaner and filled up with premium gas (I always use premium). Problem is still present after driving about 5 miles since adding Lucas and gas. Also, something I thought might be of interest is that the calculated "range" after gassing up is like 850 miles and instantaneous "consumption" is ridiculously high, as is the "average trip consumption" is like 46mpg. It's normally like 30.0mpg.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

After the fillup and restart of the vehicle is both epc and check engine light is on still or just one light?

please let me know!!

thanks