vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I just bought a 2004 Passat V6 wagon and the fob doesn't

Customer Question

I just bought a 2004 Passat V6 wagon and the fob doesn't function right. I replaced the battery and I can't work the locks on sometimes it sets off the alarm
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: Yes I just replaced it
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My roommate is trying but we didn't receive any owners manual with it so not sure what to try. A sensor reader?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that question
Category: VW
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Everything else is working except when you try to lock orders unlock from the drivers side it should respond but it doesn't
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the locks work fine with the interior switch.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No they are strange. When I opened the passenger door with the door lock to off the rest of the doors will open. But the driver side doesn't seem to work. I've just left them open because I tried the trunk release from the door and it didn't work. Then sometimes the alarm goes off for a few minutes, horn blows the lights flash then it just stop. I think the panic button is missing and just handling the fob there sets it off. I probably need a new fob, but hopefully that's the only issue. One time after I drove it for the first time the drivers side control actually worked but then the alarm thing went off and that's when I just flipped the passenger lock off and left it. I hope I don't have to spend a bunch to fix it because my car was totaled and I got 4 grand for a perfect car, had to buy something and this seemed great until I tried to lock it. Lol
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm confused about the last answer. I did answer the question about the inside locks. The passenger door is able to unlock all the doors but the driver side doesn't seem to be able to control them. I don't see how I can get into the trunk, it's a station wagon, but it's pouring buckets right now. I'm 63 and disabled so I was hoping this would be easy for me, wish I had the darn manual for I've never had a German car only American and Japanese
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
0k I know that I never got to respond to the question about the inside locks. The drivers door doesn't work but the passenger side unlocks and locks all the other ones. I'm sorry I had a root canal and wasn't able to answer the question. This car is so different from my Mitsubishi . if I just leave it unlocked the alarm stays off and it is fine, but it locks when you get out of the car.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would you rather talk on the phone while we tried to figure out how to get it to work or what. I'm not getting this just by writing back and forth, but how much more will you want?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was trying to answer the question about the locks. They worked on the passenger side of the car but the driver side doesn't work all the other locks. I did figure out how to open up the back hatch