VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Implausible signal cam sensor. rebuilt ecu new timing belt…

Customer Question
Implausible signal cam sensor...

Implausible signal cam sensor. rebuilt ecu new timing belt wires cap and crank sensor. ultimate issue no ground pulse to center wire to coil so no spark. if there is a way i can directly ground the signal(center wire to coil) to force a spark but not syre that will work

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

New belt research said check timing i di it was off so i replaced the belt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2001 cabri 2.0 aba manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sent ecu out and had it rebuilt it was bad

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am a mechanic too and tried all the books and my skills have taught me looking to bounce ideas off a vw expert who has resolved this issue

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
12/17/2016
VW Mechanic: Joshua Haynes,
 replied 1 year ago
Joshua Haynes

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to offer some help. Do you happen to have the specific code number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
16725 (g40) I have a VAG scanner and this is the code that came up I have researched all the books and forums with not solution.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have you resolved this issue ever? The car has no spark and the signal wire to the coil is not getting a ground signal. If this is something you haven't successfully fixed I appreciate your time, but you can't help me. Looking for a mechanic that has fixed this issue with proven success. Hate to be direct but dont wnat to waste either of our time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lead Technician/ Manager at Precision Tune Auto Care I should sell my services if this is all this site requires. I am canceling my membership. Thanks