vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

2006 vw gti "immobilisation adjustment failure" on start up

Customer Question

2006 vw gti "immobilisation adjustment failure" on start up display and blinking light of car/key. problem began when attempted to add a a key and reset system.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: drawing of a car/key on left module. amber color and blinks constant
JA: Are you fixing your GTI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to VW dealer and they suggested to replace instrument cluster and see if that fixes it.... No confidence that they knew how to fix
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ready to see what are the answers
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Ok i do need some information .

• i presume you have the pin for the immobilizer
  • do you have vag com?
  • are the part #'s the same of the old key and the new key being programmed?

please let me know

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I do not have pin #, nor vag com. Keys are same. Now, VW dealership tried to reset immobilizer and keys, old and new. Results were: immobilizer readjustment failure message on center screen at start of engine key position. When engine started, blinking ***** *****ght on left dash never stoping. New key never programmed, old key did not reprogrammed

ok . sorry for the assumption . when you brought the car in was it running or was it towed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Car is running but constant blinking light from start of engine and duration of trip. Afraid that it will kill engine start at any time and permanently kill engine. And yes this was started when a new key was being tried to be re-coded

Yeah i know exactly what you mean . the new key that you got was that ordered from the dealer?