peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My Volkswagen bus lot 2002 1.8 T lost oil pressure I drop

Customer Question

Hi pearl! My Volkswagen bus lot 2002 1.8 T lost oil pressure I drop the oil pan and discovered my restrictor plate for oil was cracked and worn a hole in it now if I fix it will it build oil pressure
JA: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?
Customer: I replaced oil pump and used permit text
JA: What is the model of your '02 Volkswagen?
Customer: 2002 VW Pasada 1.83
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am fixing the vehicle so far and added oil pump fuel pump and lost cranking ability you told me to stop so I replaced the oil pressure sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Plastic gauge should I check the barren clearances tolerances for what gap
Category: VW
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will replacing a cracked and holy
Oil plate restrictor help me resume oil pressure or should I keep yearning for pressure and use plasti-gauge on the bearing what are the tolerance MSL on .001 to .003 generally assumed for most motors help me through this?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Replacing this plate should resume oil pressure issues here.Make sure you have no oil sludge build up needing cleaned as this can cause a fault as well here.The bearing tolerances should be o.k. still.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete