VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Backup sensors not working on201 2014 EOS. Trying to

Customer Question
identify fuse that controls this...
Backup sensors not working on201 2014 EOS. Trying to identify fuse that controls this. I can't find a fuse map anywhere.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: No trouble codes. Once in a while I get a message on console saying optical sensors not operational
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, trying to fix it myself. They stopped working after some driver'a door body work I disconnected the battery 45 mins ago hoping to reset something by doing so
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 day by:
11/16/2016
VW Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the park assist system is not working it could be a module issue but is more likely to be a bad sensor. The issue could be the module itself, a loss of power or ground to it, one or more failed sensors, or a sensor wiring issue.

If there are no visible issues with the sensors or wiring then what will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes are set and then testing can be done from there. Odds are you have one or more bad sensors.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks.We believe that it stopped working after some body work was done on the drivers door. It's likely that the battery was disconnected and then reconnected during this work, so I suspect that the module or a fuse might be fried. Can you help me find the right fuse? I guess I could check them all under the hood. Is there just one fuse box on this vehicle?Is there a way to test the module without a scan tool? What is the part number for the module and where is the module located?Thanks.

There isn't a way to diagnose the problem or to replace the module without a scan tool. The module is in the dash on the left side.

Fuse 1 in the box under the left side of the dash is the only one in question

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a friend who owns an automotive parts store and he's willing to let me try a new module and return it if it isn't the module.Can you tell me the part number of the module?Also, are there any directions or videos on line that describe how to disassemble the dash to get to the module?

My catalog doesn't have a part number for the module but if you ordered it from a parts store the factory number wouldn't be relevant, however this isn't something you're going to be able to obtain from a parts store.

To remove the module you'd remove the knee blocker, the metal brace above it, the electrical system control module, the fuse box, then the park assist module and bracket are removed together. The module is still going to require programming with a dealer scan tool before it will operate, and it would not be returnable for credit after programming. There is very little chance that the module is causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no fuse box under the left side of the dash. The only fuse box I see is under the hood. This is for a 2014 VM EOS.

The other fuse box is under the dash on the left side but there really isn't a reason to be checking the fuse.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician