VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

02 vw automatic trans,avh 2.0 starts and shuts down

Customer Question
02 vw automatic trans,avh...
02 vw automatic trans,avh 2.0 starts and shuts down immediately, gas or tach gauge not working .
this all happened at the same time
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
after a storm , sun roof may have been slightly open
11/10/2016
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- it sound that the alarm is triggered on ,if starts and shuts off

2- is there a red security light flashing on dash

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok ill try it thanks

ok sounds good

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried it but same problem

I m not sure on this ,I will opt out for another expert to help you on it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best. I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i would like to know when you turn the key on does the check engine light come on and also the yellow immobilizer light on then turns off or is it flashing?

A picture would be great so i can see exactly what you see?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No check engine light comes on or immobiliser light just the battery light and door. The dash lights are on flasher turn signal and high beam all show up when moved. No tach or fuel gage response.
I have the black square key with keyfob
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have better than average skill level and tools specific to this car .

ok i do need you to check the fuses one by one to see if one is blown .

next if all fuses are good remove the steering column trim and see if the electrical part of the ignition switch is burnt or melted down.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No fuses blown, no melted switch

ok the next step is i do need the vin # of the vehicle so i can get the factory information but then the premium service must be used to continue to diagnose this !!!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is premium service

this service is above and beyond with all of the diag support you need till the vehicle is running

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does it cost

yes it is an extra fee

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced