Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

I have a 2012 VW Passat & the blower motor will work

Hi
I have a 2012 VW Passat & the blower motor will work intermittently. It will blow for a few seconds at set speed, then slow down, speed up, then eventually shut down. Sometime it will turn back on & cycle through the same process. the slow down speed up portion may cycle more than just the once, but it always shits down. Do you think it is the blower motor or the resistor? Thank you for any information you can provide

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results.

Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!!

I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best. I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to get the factory repair information to assist please

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I understand the limitations of you diagnosing problems online. Access to both potential solutions & replacing them are very easy & do not require any special tools. Voltmeters or any resistance measuring tools may be a different matter but I'm hoping it won't get that far. My VIN - 1VWAP7A36CC016589

On your issue a scan test is needed on this one . there are too many variables . you may have one of the temp sensor skewed causing the eratic operation of the blower motor or the blower motor/ resistor assy itself. one thing is to check is water intrusion to the blower motor itself. there is a tech bulletin for this where a different cowl cover is used to redirect the water away from the fresh air intake.

too many possibilities at this time with out enough information !!!

Just checking in to give you a reminder about my service and help to you .

The feedback rating was not done yet and you have been already been charged for your question.

This feedback is very important!! Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated.
I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

Thanks for your time and thanks for using Just Answer to assist in your issue.

Wolfgang