gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, VW Technician
Experience:  VW FastTrack '00-'01, VW Academy Chicago and Seattle '00-present, VW Certified
12249065

It shutoff while in PARK and I although I tried to start it,

Customer Question

Hi. It shutoff while in PARK and I although I tried to start it , the engine stalls. It wants to start but never catches. Not sure if it is fuel pump, fuel pump control module but something is also draining my battery.
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: No the check engine light never came on. No idle. I was stopping at a bus stop to pick up my daughter so I got out of the car and left it running in 'Park', then it shut off.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 2011 cc 2.0 T
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: RIght now just reading the blogs to get a better idea. I really do not have the money to take to a dealership or specialist so I wanted to exhaust my options before that. I can change fuses, pump relay and see if that works.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Car seems to be in good shape. I purchased in Sept 2016. No problems whatsover.
Category: VW
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. what model is you 2011 vw?

hello????

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 8 months ago.

You'll need to be able to run a couple tests- first by removing the fuel line up by the passenger side and seeing if you have pressure from the fuel pump in the tank while cranking. If not, I would lift the rear seat and check if you can hear the pump run when you turn the key on. If there is a fuel pump module mounted to the access cover under the rear seat on the passenger side, smell it to see if it smells like burnt electrical. These modules are a common failure point, and often they will heat up enough to warp the plastic access cover.