vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2005 VW Passat 1.8t Timing off after belt replacement. Is

Customer Question

2005 VW Passat 1.8t Timing off after belt replacement. Is there a way to find TDC using flywheel/torque converter
I have misfire and rough idle. I did not realize the crank pulley had so much play left/right play when loosened.I'm pretty sure my timing is off. my tdc mark on crank pulley is useless since I didn't mark it properly
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 11 months ago.

There is a mark on the crank pulley and a mark on the timing belt cover above the crank pulley its a little notch did you line these up ??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yeah I Lined Up Everything.Removed Spark Plugs Verfied It Was at TDC.Ended Up being injector harness on cyl 2 wasn't plugged in all the way
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I want to know for the future is there a TDC mark on the flywheel or torque converter I can use for reference besides the crank pulley?

No there is not , not in this engine only the mark on the crank that lines up with the cover and the cam mark that ones up to the notch on the valve cover . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you