VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Went to go to work started backed out of driveway put into

Customer Question
drive it died and wont...
went to go to work started backed out of driveway put into drive it died and wont start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no all good new alt and distribution box and alt harness
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 03 beetle
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.8
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
10/29/2016
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i need a clarification.

does the vehicle crank and does not run ? or is it different please explain!

does the check engine light come on when the key is on ?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will crank and yes check engine light is on when key is on

lets try this try to spray some carb cleaner in the throttle body area and crank to see if it will attempt to start

let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Really doubt that is it do you know any common reasons last trip it was shift control module
going to try your idea real quick like

let me know!!

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced