VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

No sound from speakers. 09 tiguan. Checked fuse

Customer Question
No sound from speakers ...

No sound from speakers

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

09 tiguan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tiguan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/28/2016
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Do you get the same results AM/FM and CD?

Is the radio screen on and responding to your commands?

Thanks,

This model has so many radio options. Those diagrams are below if needed. If you have the option that has an amp. Then the power and ground to the amp needs to be verified and if good then the amp replaced.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/amplifier.pdf

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Your answers are all listed in the owners manual. The vehicle does not have an amplifier. Everything you mention I had already reviewed and checked prior to engaging you. I was hoping you had additional insight to the issue. Is their a reset for the radio, very strange all is working except the speakers. Not even a crackle from them. Short of pulling door panels and putting a battery on the terminals.

Since you do not have the audio system with an amplifier then it is going to be the radio to blame. Yes you can reset the radio by removing the radio fuses for a minimum of 4 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would that mean that the radio is in the process of failing and this is the first step. Since we have been engaged in figuring all out. I have left the radio off and started the car several times . Twice the speakers came back on.

That would be correct, these are early signs the radio is failing if all speakers are failing at once.