VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2009 tiguan, replaced spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors and

Customer Question
cleaned carbon....now cel blinking and...
2009 tiguan, replaced spark plugs, coils, fuel injectors and cleaned carbon....now cel blinking and constant misfire #3
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it was on before repairs and now after repairs is blinking
JA: Are you fixing your Tiguan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is with a mechanic adn he has checked pressure, computer, intake...lots of tests and everything appears fine but cannot figure out what is causing the misfire
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: VW
10/27/2016
VW Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** he ran a compression check yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was within normal range. when I originally took in was misfire on 2 & 4 and cel was solid and could only feel on cold start, we did spark plugs and coils 1st then did manual carbon cleaning and injectors...they also replaced the rear main seal as it had a small tear, now misfire is #3.

what was the reading on each cylinder?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will ask him and get back to you shortly

let me know,Tim

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced