vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

No chargeno battery light, it drops as it runs. started at

Customer Question

no chargeno battery light
JA: Have you checked the battery's voltage?
Customer: it drops as it runs. started at 12 down to 7 when I shut id down
JA: What is the model of your '12 VW?
Customer: Beetle 2.0 BEV
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had it at a shop, he claimed it was the alternator. After he put in 3 "NG" alternators I brought it back to do myself/
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Small fuse block was replaced, that's wen the troube started
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # to get the wiring diagram of your vehicle to assist.

second i do need to know was the old fuse melted? if so was the cable from the alternator to the fuse box replaced?

thanks